Bank Of Scotland Great Scottish Run Wall Of Support Terms and Conditions
Bank of Scotland plc (the “Bank”, “we”, “us” or “our”) is setting up the Great Wall of Support at the Great Scottish Run 2016, where personal messages of support can be submitted and displayed to runners during the race. Using technology that recognizes the runner’s timing chip, messages will be displayed when runners approach the Great Wall of Support. Messages will also be displayed at the end of the race on a second Great Wall of Support behind the timing clock.
Messages can be submitted by going to greatscottishrun.com, or using a Facebook or Twitter link provided by a Great Scottish Run entrant, and will be subject to the terms and conditions described below.
- To leave a personal message of support, you must submit the entrant’s full name and race number with your message. If the details entered does not correspond with the information the entrant submitted when entering the Great Scottish Run, the message will be rejected. If you don’t know a runner, or do not know an entrant’s full details, you can leave a general message of support to all the runners.
- Messages are restricted to 60 characters, and will be reviewed by us before they are displayed on the Great Wall of Support to ensure that they do not contain offensive, inappropriate, or otherwise unsuitable material. For further information, please view our message guidelines.
- Messages can be submitted from 12th September and must be received before 5pm on Friday 30th September 2016.
- We cannot guarantee that all messages submitted will be displayed and we can refuse to accept any entry at our absolute discretion. No correspondence will be entered into.
- We will not be liable for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit or prohibit a message being submitted, or from being displayed on the day.
- The Promoter is Bank of Scotland plc. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh, EH1 1YZ